Ghent University's Textile Engineering a two-year master’s programme in the field of textile engineering. The programme is supported by the European Commission as an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree. It was and still is a unique programme offering advanced education in Textile Engineering in which the latest developments in the textile field as well as contemporary teaching methods are incorporated.
The international degree MSc in Textile Engineering can lead to different careers involving textile knowledge in the broadest sense of the word. Students obtain a thorough understanding of all aspects related to textiles and are hence well-prepared for jobs requiring elaborate knowledge in textiles. Graduates go for a career in academia or industry.
The jobs imply technical functions, R&D functions and (general) management functions mainly in three types of sectors:
- the textile and clothing industry;
- sectors that supply textile companies with raw materials, chemical products and machines;
- end users such as transportation (cars, planes, trains), medical products, furniture and many more.
- Polymer Technology
- Advanced Fibre Technology
- Mechanics of Textile Materials
- Instrumental Analysis
- Computation Sciences and Engineering Principles for Textiles
- Composite Materials
- Advanced and Specialised Textile Processing - Dyeing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ghent University and/or in Belgium, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission is granted on the basis of a diploma, irrelevant of nationality. Most qualifications obtained abroad do not grant direct admission. This means that the diploma is not automatically recognised as equivalent to a Flemish diploma and that admission can be granted after an individual application procedure.
International5744 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5744 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.