This Neuroscience MSc course offered by the University of Southampton is ideal if you want to pursue a career in neuroscience or work in the neuro-pharmaceutical industry, or are interested in further study.
Learn about brain function and dysfunction, and gain experience in some of the latest experimental neuroscience techniques. You’ll learn from neuroscience researchers at the forefront of their specialisms and gain a breadth of knowledge in experimental, applied and translational neuroscience.
Key areas of your learning include advanced human neuroanatomy, and neuronal and glial physiology in health and disease. This is complemented by research focused, experimental workshops covering:
- neuro-drug discovery
- model organisms in neurological disease
- dementia research including iPSC-models and neuropathological studies
- neural networks
- behavioural neurosciences
- cell and molecular neurobiology
- interdisciplinary neuroscience
You’ll carry out an individual research-based project, in one of 14 research labs in our purpose-built Life Sciences building. Themes could include anything from circadian biology, ageing processes and synaptic physiology to dementia research, neuroinflammation and translational research.
You can choose optional modules such as:
- critiques on current research seminars
- critical thinking
There's also an exciting opportunity to attend a national or international neuroscience conference.
- This MSc Neuroscience gives you everything you need to begin a career in neuroscience or the neuro-pharmaceutical industry.
- You'll also be well prepared for further study, such as postgraduate research.
- Advanced Neuroscience
- Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- Current Research
- Structure and Function of the Nervous System
- Cellular Signalling in Health and Disease
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Neuropharmacology of CNS Disorders
- Systems Neuroscience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPharmacy Neuroscience Health Sciences View 1966 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- You'll need a 2:1 degree in biological sciences or a closely related discipline.
International28000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £28,000.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.