What you will learn
Through lectures and workshops, you’ll learn how health systems and policies relate to safety, and embed this knowledge into a research study you’ll complete about your place of work.
You will gain insights into the global context of healthcare, drawing upon a broad range of expert perspectives from academia, healthcare and industry. Throughout this Patient Safety MSc course from Imperial College London, you will explore themes including societal impact, equality and diversity, global health innovation, interprofessional practice, safety and sustainability.
You’ll also have the opportunity to connect and engage with an international network of healthcare professionals, whose expertise you can draw on to develop your ideas further and implement into your practice.
You will be encouraged to consider your own practice through experiential learning approaches, recognising that even in well-developed health systems, affecting change is demanding.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Improvement in Practice
- Health Systems and Policy
- Social Impact of Patient Safety
- Safer Systems
- Decision Making
- Human Factors in Organisations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- As a guide, visa nationals (overseas applicants) should aim to apply by no later than 30 June.
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences Public Policy View 471 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- The minimum requirement is a 2.1 degree in a healthcare related subject, or a policy/management related subject, or medical degree or equivalent (or a comparable qualification recognised by the College)
- Three years relevant work experience in a healthcare, policy, or safety environment.
- Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements above but who have substantial relevant industry experience may be admitted following completion of a ‘Special Qualifying Exam’ (SQE).
- A wide variety of international qualifications are accepted.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
International21450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21450 GBP per year during 24 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.