12 months
Duration
37800 GBP/year
13000 GBP/year
Unknown
Tuition fee
Unknown
Apply date
Unknown
Start date

About

For the Clinical Research MRes programme from Imperial College London, you will undertake four core modules, in addition to a fifth elective module that is specific to the pathway you choose. 

Overview

The Clinical Research MRes programme from Imperial College London is an umbrella programme made up of three pathways. You choose to study one pathway from:

  • Diabetes and Obesity - this pathway introduces modern investigative techniques including MRI and metabolomics and provides a deep understanding of the underlying pathophysiology of both types of diabetes, and obesity.
  • Human Nutrition - this pathway provides a greater insight into the academic, clinical, practical, and regulatory requirements of human nutrition and introduces the latest in cutting-edge research.
  • Translational Medicine - this pathway illustrates the use of humans as the experimental animal, exploring the challenges of drug development including learning about clinical trial design and understanding why most drug discovery programmes fail. You also have the opportunity to learn about non-drug therapeutic approaches, including regenerative medicine and vaccine development.

The taught aspect (exams, coursework and practicals) contributes to 30% of the overall mark, with the research aspect (proposal, thesis and oral exam) covering the remaining 70% weighting of the course.

Careers

The careers open to graduates will vary depending on which pathway is chosen. Graduates have progressed to employment within research, for example, clinical trials and the food industry.

Others have continued careers and sought promotion within the health sector. A large number progress to PhD scholarships. These degrees are ideal for those wishing to progress to a PhD studentship or a research-based role within the NHS. Some graduates have gone on to successfully secure a place at medical schools.

Programme Structure

Courses include:

  • Research Conduct & Clinical Research Measures
  • Clinical Research Scenarios
  • Critical Appraisal
  • Research Project
  • Human Nutrition
  • Diabetes and Obesity
  • Translational Medicine

Key information

Duration

  • Full-time
    • 12 months
  • Part-time
    • 24 months

Start dates & application deadlines

More details

 

Credits

90 ECTS

Delivered

On Campus, Online

Academic requirements

GPA admission requirements GPA
Upper Second Class

Student insurance

Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:

  • Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
  • Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
  • Liability
  • Home contents and baggage
  • Accidents
  • Legal aid

We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.

Get your student insurance now

Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.

Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Imperial College London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.

Other requirements

General requirements

  • Our minimum requirement is a 2.1 degree in medicine or life sciences.

Tuition Fee

To alway see correct tuition fees
  • International

    37800 GBP/year
    Tuition Fee
    Based on the tuition of 37800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
  • National

    13000 GBP/year
    Tuition Fee
    Based on the tuition of 13000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.

Part-time:

  • UK: £6,500 per year
  • International: £18,900 per year

Living costs for London

1137 - 2157 GBP /month
Living costs

The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.

Funding

Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.

Our partners

Clinical Research
-
Imperial College London

Wishlist

Go to your profile page to get personalised recommendations!