What you will learn
You will learn to extract the relevant information and perform functional analysis and validation of your selected targets You apply novel experimental techniques in the laboratory to leverage large amounts of data towards understanding the causes, and potentially find cures, for diseases.
This Applied Genomics MSc course from Imperial College London will be especially appealing to students with a background in biology, genetics, biochemistry, medicine and related areas and for those who are interested in a career in modern biomedicine, whether going on to study a PhD in academia or straight to work in biomedical industry.
The course will prepare you to perform quantitative data analysis at scale, and design and perform experiments to enable you to interpret the results meaningfully. This will provide a key skill in modern biomedicine, in the pharmaceutical industry and beyond.
- Multi-omics Research
- Non-coding RNA, gene editing and in vitro modelling
- In vivo modelling and use of human material and data
- Systematic review
- Core and professional skills
- Experimental/Computational Disease Modelling Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- As a guide, visa nationals (overseas applicants) should aim to apply by no later than 30 June.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Genetics View 472 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Our minimum requirement is a 2.1 degree in chemistry, biochemistry, physiology, or related biomedical science discipline.
- A wide variety of international qualifications are accepted.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
International37800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.