Understanding the process of population ageing can benefit areas such as health and social care, research, and local and national policy.
The Gerontology MSc course offered at the University of Southampton, you’ll look at the subject from a range of perspectives, including policy, demography, sociology, biology, healthcare sciences, psychology and economics.
- understanding of key theories in gerontology and their application
- knowledge of modern global debates around the lives of older people, their families and societies
- the ability to evaluate policies and initiatives concerning issues like population ageing, welfare provision and quality of life
- qualitative and quantitative research skills
- the ability to design and conduct independent research in gerontology using appropriate research methods
- skills for a career in gerontology, applied health or social sciences
- You’ll graduate with the knowledge and practical skills to work with older people in a wide range of settings.
- You’ll also be in an ideal position to continue your researches at PhD level.
- Ageing, Health and Well-being
- Demographic Change, Ageing & Globalisation
- Gerontology Dissertation
- Perspectives in Gerontology
- Researching Ageing Societies
- Mental Health and Ageing
- Mixed Methods
- Philosophy of Social Science Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSociology Health Sciences Genetics View 222 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2:1 degree in social science or a subject related to ageing.
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £21,000.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.