Bauhaus University Weimar's Public Art and New Artistic Strategies degree programme is targeted at international students and was established with start-up capital provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Students from around the world participate in this MFA programme, and German students benefit from the vast network of international partner universities where they can study for one or two semesters abroad. Enrolment in this degree programme is limited to 40 students. Foreign students spend four semesters studying in Weimar, while German students are required to study abroad for at least one semester. New students are only permitted to enrol in the winter semester.
- Art, Architecture, and History
- Art Society and Public Space
- Situations, Interventions und New Artistic Strategies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for admission to this degree programme, candidates must have attained a first-level professional qualification from a university/college of art in a degree programme of no less than eight semesters, or an equivalent degree as confirmed by the examination committee.
- Documentation of artistic work
- Completed homework assignment
- if necessary, a personal interview
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Semester fee: 188,18 Euro
Living costs for Weimar
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.