Deep knowledge of the physical principles driving the development of the next-decades leading technologies, with particular focus on the fields of electronics, photonics, nanotechnologies, optoelectronics, photon and energy harvesting, quantum technologies.
- Core knowledge of the most widespread coding tools to manage big data and of artificial-intelligence-based techniques to tackle technological, strategy and business problems.
- The ability to recognise the potential for innovating products and processes and to transpose fundamental knowledge in hard science into innovative technological ideas and original approaches to solve problems.
- Core knowledge of the entrepreneurial instruments necessary to create value from novel technologies and data management.
- Relational skills for operating in technology-oriented non-academical contexts that are intrinsically multidisciplinary and highly international.
- Strategic vision of the market and trends in technology
Graduates from the Master in Physics for Technology and Innovation from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore will be ready to enter the world of new technologies and innovative business in large companies, small and medium enterprises, start-ups, incubators, science and technology parks, public administrations. In particular, the Master will target the Innovation Manager profile, which is emerging as the key figure to drive the digital and technological transformation of SMEs and large industries or industry networks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced techniques for physics research
- Quantum physics of atoms and molecules
- Solid state physics
- Statistical mechanics and complex systems
- Design thinking and start-up launch
- Technologies in action lab
- Data analysis: techniques and tools
- IT coding for data science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We strongly advise non-EU students residing abroad to apply by April 15, due to the restrictive and lengthy nature of visa application procedures.
DisciplinesPhysics Innovation Management Engineering Management View 29 other Masters in Physics in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor degree in physics, engineering, or materials science.
- Eligible candidates need to hold a valid high school diploma.
- Eligible candidates need to hold an undergraduate degree obtained after a minimum of 3 years of study (180 ECTS), which satisfies the requirements for access to second-level academic studies in the awarding country. If candidates have undertaken less than 15 years of total schooling, they may not be eligible for admission to a Laurea Magistrale.
- The degree has to be issued by a higher education institution which is regularly accredited or recognized in the awarding country.
- The undergraduate degree must be obtained before 31 July 2021.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8840 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8840 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per year during 24 months.
- EU: A student may pay from a minimum of about € 3600 (for lower family incomes) to a maximum of about € 9300 (for higher family incomes) per year
- Non-European residents: flat fee EUR 8,840
- Financial aid and scholarship opportunities available.
Living costs for Gavardo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The UCSC International Scholarship is an annual tuition fee reduction promoted by Università Cattolica in order to foster the access of international student to the degree programs. The discount covers about 30% of the total cost. Applicants are notified of the award by e-mail when they receive an offer for admission.
This scholarship is automatically extended from year to year for the normal duration of the degree program. Successful candidates must maintain full-time enrolment status in order to finish their degrees on time. Should the candidate be unable to graduate on the expected date, all additional costs will be at the student’s expense.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.