The Material Engineering programme from Southwest Jiaotong University provides necessary knowledge, ability and quality are as follows:
- Postgraduates should master the professional knowledge about material design, preparation, structure, properties and the relationship among them. The strong ability to solve the practical problems in material research and development and good professionalism can be obtained. Strong abilities to analyze and dependently solve problems and innovative abilities are also needed.
- Postgraduates should master fundamental theories and engineering knowledge about material processing technologies, crafts, control, instruments and material repair and re-manufacturing. Abilities to cross material structure, properties, connection with mechanics, electric control and information and penetrate from one into another can be obtained. The strong ability to solve the engineering problems in material processing and molding and good professionalism can be obtained
- Postgraduates should master the solid fundamental theories of material physics and chemistry and the professional knowledge in field of material science and engineering. Abilities to cross and penetrate among different subjects of chemistry, physics, biology, material and environment can be obtained. Master the ability to apply the foreign language and computer.
- Nanomaterials and devices
- Composites with high performances
- Functional materials
- Polymer materials
- Superconducting and energy materials
- Surface science and technology
- Biomaterials and biomedical apparatus
- Key materials for rail transit and their service behaviors
- Advanced ceramics and their preparation technologies
- Materials processing automation
- Advanced welding materials and welding technology
- Detection and evaluation of welding structure
- Service behaviors of materials and evaluation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 67 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Over 16 years old (including) and under 35 years old
- Healthy and non-Chinese citizen
International1314 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3942 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.