The MA in International Relations at the Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is designed so you can apply acquired knowledge to analyse and evaluate topics such as global governance, the history of international relations, foreign policy, inter-state cooperation, the functions of international and regional organisations, conflict, war, security and intervention, political economy and globalisation, and regional integration.
You will be supported in your academic and professional development as a scholar, analyst or policy maker in the discipline of international relations, with a focus on China’s evolving role in the world.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the MA in International Relations, you will be able to:
- develop an independent way of doing research on and thinking about international relations, hence allowing you to continue with doctoral studies;
- evaluate the validity and reliability of different types of empirical data – qualitative and quantitative – and be capable of using them in policy- and decision-making;
- convincingly present, in oral and written form, your ideas and opinions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Debates and Research Design in International Relations
- Regional Integration and Globalisation
- Critical Security Studies
- Global Transformations and Crises
- Conflict and International Intervention
- China in the World
- War and Peace in the Asia Pacific
- Advanced Research Methods for International Relations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 28 other Masters in Political Science in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Bachelor Degree (UK2:1 or equivalent) in International Relations, Political Science, Communications Studies, Sociology, Law, Economics, History, Philosophy, Management, International Studies, Area Studies, or cognate subject
- Top 100 of 2021 Shanghai Ranking or World-class universities or First-class disciplines (MoE, People’s Republic of China): 75 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark)
Other universities: 80 - 85 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark), depending on your undergraduate institution
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18864 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National12576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18864 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
- RMB 120,000 per full
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.