The aim of the Photography program from Budapest Metropolitan University is to master the practice of thinking in a photography sense and to create such a creative environment in which the students receive appropriate feedback on their work. Another aim is to help the students create their own style, creative philosophy, visual world, and visual language through the development of creative photography project plans; and also, to prepare the path leading to the birth of more complex, high quality, independent pieces of art, created in the future.
Visual communication is one of the cornerstones of information societies, including photography, the latter has become an influential cultural factor and significant foundation of related visual fields. After centuries of verbal communication, it has emphasized the visual and created the inevitable balance between the written and visual world.
- You will be able to manage the different photographic genres and media surfaces not only as a visual problem, but you will also learn how to think in a communication and information structure
- You will learn the latest digital technology used in professional photography, and also a wide range of traditional small-format cameras, and the medium-format cameras applied in specialist fields as well as large format photography.
- We offer an opportunity for continuous development, independent and teamwork as well.
- You will receive such knowledge that helps you join the art world in Hungary and abroad.
- A position of photographer in the different specialist fields of photography and visual media.
- As an independent artist and/or as a freelancer (running your own business).
In the first year the focus is on the followings:
- As you have mastered the technical skills, the focus is shifted on the independent selection of themes.
- We try to find connections, inspire you to think in the system of mediums, and treat photography as an instrument for expression.
In the second year:
- Through integrated research and design tasks, you are prepared for your future tasks.
- We strengthen your work relying on your independent selection of theme and the relevant knowledge on the media.
- Beside the applied and autonomous fields of photography, we focus on the design work relying on visual concept and the possibilities lying in this.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 3 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- IELTS min. 6.0
- Bachelor’s degree or above from a relevant field
- Portfolio of previous works
- CV and motivation letter
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA5600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2800 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.