The Allergy MSc course offered by the University of Southampton is suitable if you're working in a hospital or community, as a doctor, nurse, dietitian, pharmacist or scientist.
The course is highly flexible, both in how you study and what you study. You can choose to study part-time over 2 to 5 years, or full-time for 1 year. You can personalise your learning to meet your professional needs. Our modules allow you to attend in blocks of 3 to 4 days, with self-study between modules supported through online learning.
You can choose to focus on:
- allergic airways disease
- skin and drug allergy
- food allergy
- teaching the teachers to teach
- designing your own learning experience for your work needs
You’ll graduate from this allergy specialist course with the skills to be a leader in both paediatric and adult allergy care, able to pass on knowledge on to your teams.
As well as giving you hands-on, practical skills this course will:
- develop your problem-solving and research evidence skills
- make you part of a community of allergy specialists, learning from your peers around the world
- develop your leadership skills in clinical allergy
- give you strategies for your continuing professional development
- teach your colleagues to improve your clinical service delivery
- Allergy Dissertation
- Clinical Research Skills
- Allergic Disease
- Allergic Airways Diseases
- Allergic Skin Disease
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergy
- Work Based Learning: Task
- Work Based Learning: Virtual Patient
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Food Sciences View 1971 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- You'll need at least a 2:2 degree in a relevant subject.
- You must submit all supporting documents, including evidence that you can satisfy our English language requirement, when you submit your application.
International10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4625 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU and international students pay £10,500.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.