Built around our new Brain Research Imaging Centre (BRIC) you will gain a first-hand technical experience of a range of state-of-the-art neuroscience techniques, including fMRI, EEG, and TMS.
These will familiarise you with all aspects of the neuroscientific process, from the physics of the techniques to experiment design and operational technique, from data analysis and manipulation to the dissemination of original findings. The MSc Human Neuroscience programme is offered at the University of Plymouth .
- Benefit from integration with our new Brain Research imaging Centre (BRIC), offering state-of-the-art facilities for fMRI, EEG, and other neuroimaging and neurostimulation methods.
- Our hands-on approach to learning embeds practical activities throughout the programme; with neuroimaging advanced practice providing hands-on experience in the operation of advanced neuroimaging equipment.
- Work with world-leading neuroimaging researchers and engage in an original neuroscience research topic of your own choosing.
Careers with this subject:
This programme provides the in-depth knowledge and practical training in human neuroimaging designed to put you on a path to a career in neuroscience. With an emphasis on hands-on learning, the direct experience gained using our new state-of-the-art neuroimaging facility will give you some of the most sought-after skills in the discipline. Advanced instruction in neuroimaging data manipulation, signal processing and interpretation then build on these skills. These provide a thorough understanding of the entire neuroscientific research cycle from design to dissemination that will give you a competitive advantage for further study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Personal and Professional Development
Asking Psychological Questions: Epistemology and Strategy for Formulating Psychological research
Advanced Research Design for Psychology
Advanced Techniques for Psychological Research
Communicating Psychological Research
Issues in Cognitive and Brain Science
Foundations and Applications of Neuroimaging and Neurostimulation
The Physics of Neuroimaging
Advanced Practice in Neuroimaging and Neurostimulation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesPublic Health Neuroscience View 1116 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Most students will hold an honours degree, usually a 2:1, although we would also consider applicants who can demonstrate their ability to thrive on this programme due to professional experience.
- This programme provides a privileged route for students seeking to advance their knowledge of psychology. While well suited to students with a background in the field, we welcome applications from students from other backgrounds, such as education, humanities, social sciences, biology, pure science, and engineering.
- Please note that this programme does not confer graduate basis for recognition by the British Psychological Society; applicants seeking this recognition should apply to our MSc Psychology.
- International students: If your first language is not English then evidence of English proficiency is required, with a normal minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency of 6.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Part time (Home) £500 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.