On this MSc Healthcare Improvement and Patient Safety programme at the University of Plymouth you will develop the knowledge and expertise to analyse healthcare processes, propose evidence-based improvements and to lead implementation within your own workplace setting.
- Equip yourself to become a leader in healthcare improvement, patient safety, simulation and human factors.
- Develop expertise that is immediately relevant to practice and undertake assignments geared to projects which you can implement in your own organisation.
- Experience our diverse faculty drawn from the medical school, the wider University, NHS trusts and external experts in each subject area, including national leads.
- Enjoy testing out your new-found knowledge in our supportive classroom discussions where we offer the space and time away from the normal working environment to facilitate your personal and intellectual development, whatever your aspirations.
- Benefit from a blended learning environment with delivery ranging between lectures, seminars, practical systems analysis techniques, simulation-based learning, and supported distance learning. Our academic team are available via a means of telecommunication methods for ongoing support during your studies.
- Choose between two pathways at the certificate stage: study either simulation and enhanced learning or human factors in healthcare, both of which complement the first module, healthcare improvement and patient safety. Pick up the remaining module at the diploma stage.
- There are options to take a clinical education, leadership or global health module at the diploma stage for students not wishing to do the dissertation.
- Available as a full-time or part-time programme.
- An opportunity for intercalating students to enrol on the full-time route from medical and dental undergraduate courses throughout the UK, provided that they have sufficient credits to continue with a masters (Level 7) qualification. Intercalating students will study alongside postgraduate students from a variety of backgrounds and will benefit from this vibrant educational environment.
- Each module of this programme may be taken as a stand-alone CPD module, either with academic credits (for those completing the assignment) or attendance only. Please get in touch if this is something that could be useful to you or your colleagues.
Careers with this subject:
Our programme equips you with the vital skills to implement change and improvement within a healthcare system. This expertise together with an appreciation of the leadership techniques required enhances your day-to-day working and provides you with the tools necessary to advance your career, regardless of your professional background. Our students become part of a network of acknowledged experts in healthcare improvement, patient safety, simulation and human factors that has both regional and national credibility.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement module
- Simulation and Enhanced Learning
- Human Factors in Healthcare
- Project Design, Development and Knowledge Transfer
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for postgraduate programmes of study can usually be made throughout the year
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1770 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a recognised first degree or equivalent will be required. Entrants who have acquired experience through work or other means that enables staff responsible for admissions to be confident of the candidate’s ability to succeed in the programme may also be considered, in line with QAA guidance.
- If your first language is not English you will be required to provide evidence of competence in English language
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National3250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3250 GBP per year during 36 months.
All fees are published per 60 credits. A full MSc represents 180 credits.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.