The group's research covers a wide range of fields across the mathematical sciences. Our staff are world renowned experts in pure and applied mathematics, theoretical physics, statistics and data science. To discover more about our research interests, see our research group and staff pages.
A research masters degree incorporates both taught elements and an extended research project which culminates in the submission of a thesis. This ResM Mathematics and Statistics programme at the University of Plymouth is governed by research degree regulations and you engage fully in professional and research skills development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A research masters degree incorporates both taught elements and an extended research project which culminates in the submission of a thesis. This programme is governed by research degree regulations and you engage fully in professional and research skills development.
- You must take and pass at least two taught and assessed modules (40 credit) to equip you with the appropriate level of research skills. The specific modules will be agreed together with your supervisor. These taught elements typically focus on research methods, contemporary issues and methodological skills, but may vary according your individuals needs and the subject area.
- On passing these modules you will progress to your research project.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics View 213 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Plymouth and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants are expected to have completed a masters level qualification to a high standard (e.g. at 'merit' or 'distinction' level) as well as either a good 2:1 or first class honours undergraduate degree in an area of study appropriate to your project proposal. We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications (for instance, you may have studied different subjects at undergraduate and masters level but have worked in and/or developed an interest in your sector since then).
- You will also need to provide evidence that you are ready to pursue the project you propose in your application. This will take the form of a research proposal.
- If English is not your first language, you must have proficiency in written and spoken English (normally a minimum test score of 6.5 for IELTS, or equivalent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17170 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17170 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National4473 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4473 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part time Home/Islands fee: £3,030Part time International fee: £8,585
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.