Games industry experts will guide you through aspects of game design and development, game theory, and industrial contexts. You will develop your portfolio, and in the final module, work as a team to produce and ship a fully-fledged game.
The MA Game Design at University of Plymouth provides an explorative insight into creating videogames. Not only will students hone the craft of developing their own videogames, but also learn more about the dynamic medium itself. Combining practice and theory to result in a balanced approach to foster imaginative and creative experiences.
- MA Game Design blends the enterprise incubation unit, academic study and creative lab. Emphasis placed upon critical reflection, experimentation and collaboration, combined with real-world training.
- A vibrant interdisciplinary research community with opportunities to work with tutors who are specialists in a wide variety of games and digital media disciplines.
- First class resources and facilities such as virtual, augmented and mixed reality, animation, digital suites,3D printing, laser cutting.
- The opportunity to take part in field study trips locally, nationally and abroad, such as the EGX Rezzed and London Games Festival; Pictoplasma Character Design; and Animation Festival, Berlin.
Careers with this subject:
- Game Designer
- Game Artist
- Game Developer
- Game Producer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesDesign Video Games & Animation View 91 other Masters in Video Games & Animation in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2:1 degree or equivalent within an area relevant to the field of Game Design. But we will consider students below 2:1 if they can demonstrate a strong academic portfolio or a record of professional experience.
- Candidates are interviewed before an offer is made.
- IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent required for overseas students.
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time (Home) - £500 per 10 credits.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.