Statistical techniques used in the Social and Behavioral Sciences, Economics and Data Science are strongly connected and share an interdisciplinary basis. The collaboration between these disciplines is therefore very important in the context of methods development and application. In the MSc Program “Quantitative Data Science Methods: Psychometrics, Econometrics, and Machine Learning” (QDS) at University of Tübingen we train people who can develop and apply methods at this interdisciplinary intersection.
The core modules introduce quantitative methods in the fields of psychometrics, econometrics and machine learning, as well as providing students with interdisciplinary knowledge in statistics, study design and programming.
Elective modules (such as research-oriented project modules and an ethics module) allow for an individual research focus in an elected area.
Special features of the program are:
- Individual research projects with possible integration in ongoing research at an early stage (3rd semester).
- Opportunity to start the Master Thesis early (3rd semester).
- Studies abroad (3rd semester).
- All modules are taught in English.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCore modules:
- Psychometrics and Mathematical Psychology
- Machine Learning
- Data Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 18 other Masters in Statistics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a field that includes a mathematical or statistical focus (mathematics, data/computer science, physics, economics, quantitative psychology and related fields) with an overall grade better than 2.5 (This refers to the German system where 1.0 is the highest. For queries concerning the equivalence of non-German qualifications please contact the program advisor.)
- Applications must include evidence of proficiency in the following fields: one-and multi-dimensional calculus, linear algebra, and either statistics or probability theory.
- Strong background in mathematics, statistics and probability theory
- Basic/First knowledge in programming, algorithms, and data structure is required.
- English language requirements
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tübingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.