Design is the crucial agency for exploring spatial creativity, coupled with an experimental design practice that operates from a core architectural discipline, yet celebrates the blurring of disciplinary boundaries to forge innovation and new disciplines in spatial enquiry. The MA Architectural Design programme is offered by University of Plymouth .
- Encouraging discovery and critical development in a studio-based culture that fosters a unique research-led practice, converging theory, practice and technology.
- Co-taught with the RIBA-validated Part II programme, sharing coursework, projects and studio space.
- Advances the understanding of the role architectural design plays in today’s most pressing societal, environmental and cultural challenges.
- Encompasses a wide range of skills, theory and practice from urban situation to building performance.
- Develops the capacity to conceptualise spatial thought in relation to architectural design and production at all levels of design, fabrication and use.
- Framed by issues of place, people, tectonics and environmental concerns.
Careers with this subject:
Graduates have career opportunities in architectural design, public realm design, urban/landscape design, interdisciplinary design practice, spatial innovation and architectural humanities associated to the architectural profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Advanced Urban Methodologies
Advanced Connecting Sustainable Practices
Dissertation by Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 526 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You are required to have a 2.2 degree (50 per cent or above) in degree studies, design mark of 55 per cent or above in final degree year design.
- We also require references from previous university, employer and / or similar.
Following completion of the MA Architectural Design programme, you'll have the opportunity to continue study on the RIBA-validated MArch Architecture programme or MPhil/PhD Architecture programmes.
If you have overseas qualifications you can check their comparability with the UK equivalent through the UK National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC), who provide an advisory service.
Work experience for approximately 12 months in an architect’s office or other professionally relevant activity is highly desirable, though not required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part time (Home) £550 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.