Educational aims of the Criminology and Social Policy programme from Unicaf Scholarships:
- To enable students to develop a critical awareness of the theoretical and empirical relationships between power and social divisions as they relate to the fields of criminology and social policy.
- To help students develop a critical understanding of the social, political and historical processes that affect the ways in which crimes and harms are perpetrated and responded to locally, nationally and internationally.
- To prepare students to develop critical discussion and analysis of complex concepts and to work independently and with some originality.
- To present students with the opportunity to engage in a sustained piece of in-depth research work which demonstrates an advanced understanding and application of methodology, method and analysis.
- To enhance the critical, analytic, research and employability skills of students working within or aspiring to work within Criminology and Social Policy related professions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Criminology and the State: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives
- Conceptualising Crime, Criminal Justice and Social Policy
- Advanced Research Methods for Social Science
- Globalisation and Comparative Social Policy: Crime, Harm and (in)justice
- An accredited UK Honours degree with minimum 2.2 classification or recognized international equivalent. Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable. Extensive professional experience may also be considered in exceptional cases.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining how the programme of study will benefit the student’s career progression.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
Unicaf can prepare you for the brilliant future you and your family have been dreaming of. With generous scholarships that allow you to earn your degree at a fraction of the original cost. With the online provision of internationally recognised degrees, awarded by Unicaf’s partner universities in the UK, the US, Europe and Africa. With 24/7 access to study material, that allows you to keep your job and salary during your studies. Unicaf makes it easier to make your people proud!
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.