In 1997, SFL began education for graduate students in foreign linguistics and applied linguistics, including English and Japanese; in 2000, in German Language and Literature; and in 2006, in French Language and Literature.
In 2004, SFL wasauthorized to confer master’sdegree in Japanese Language and Literature. The English Language and Literature programme is offered by Southwest Jiaotong University.
In 2010,it was authorized to confer master's degree in Foreign Languages and Literature with five second-level disciplines, including English Language and Literature, Japanese Language and Literature, French Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, Foreign Linguistics and Applied Linguistics.
In 2011, SFL began to recruit candidates for master of Translation Studies (MTI), and candidatesfor Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages in 2015. Since 2012, SFL andthe School of Arts and Communication (now the College of Humanities) of Southwest Jiaotong University have jointly recruited doctoral students in Medio-translatology for Chinese Language and Literature, and since 2016, SFLhave independently recruited doctoral students in the second-level discipline of Translation and Media Studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This degree program is the longest-standing and strongest second-level master’s degree program in foreign languages and literature, with three research directions, including English and American Literature, English Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, and Translation Theory and Practice.
- Drawing on the achievements of western language and literature theories, this discipline focuses on the interdisciplinary study from the perspective of Chinese culture on the basis of comprehensive linguistic theory, literary theory and translation theory attaches importance to the study of Chinese translations of English classics, and cultivates the ability of graduate students to engage in translation criticism and translation appreciation.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 55 other Masters in Language Studies in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Over 16 years old (including) and under 35 years old
- Healthy and non-Chinese citizen
International4035 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12105 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
RMB 66 000 in total
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.