The Exercise and Sports Physiotherapy course at Real Madrid Graduate School – Universidad Europea aims to provide physiotherapists with the skills and resources necessary to prevent and treat injuries as well as achieve rapid recoveries in injured athletes, all while being part of a multidisciplinary team.
Why Studying Masters Degree In Sports Training And Nutrition?
Choose the only Sports Physiotherapy Masters 100% taught in english in Spain. A pioneer program which has been trining students for the last 10 years. Qualified as one of the top postgraduate programs in Spain by El Mundo Universities Rankings.
This program is designed to provide students with specialized knowledge of the most state-of-the-art methods, the latest trends and treatments for sports Injuries. This programs was developped by Real Madrid Graduate School – Universidad Europea de Madrid Professors and Real Madrid C.F. medical team professionals.
Experiential Learning Based In The Practice
The program is based on an eminently practical work methodology. In order to achieve an optimal assimilation of knowledge we combine teamwork, attendance at seminars, and individual work at the campus’s facilities which are equipped with cutting edge technology, including physiotherapy areas, physiological laboratories...
Renowned Teaching Staff
The Master's teaching staff is composed with professional from the main sports entities around the world, all of them work nowadays in Sports realted projects.
During this master you will work from the very first day in the practice in order to develop the needed skill-set to succeed in the Sports Industry. The students who stand out the most may be able to enjoy a professional placement with Real Madrid.
Our International teaching staff, the professionals you will meet at different events and your classmate from more than 50 nationalities will help you to build a professional network that will be the key in your professional future.
Live The Real Madrid Experience
Enjoy exclusive experiences with Real Madrid C.F., the White Week, professional visits, live sport events, networking eventos and a unique international trip to Switzerland where you will visit some of the most renowned sports entities and meet their Executives.
Best In-house Facilities & Equipment
Enjoy studying in the leading centre in Spain in Sports Sciences research (also in Physiotherapy), equipped with a fully renewed sport complex where you can enjoy all facilities and laboratories at our Human Research Lab where you can find the latest advances in Sports Sciences Research equipment.
A Prestigious School
The Academic quality of The School is certified by more than 11.000 graduated students during over 14 years of History, most of them witk all around the world as successfull professionals in the Sports Industry. Beside this, Real Madrid Graduate School – Universidad Europea de Madrid is one of the top 3 universities in Health Sciences in Spain.
- 1 First Sports Physiotherapy Master: 100% Taught In English In Spain
- 15 Club Professionals: More Than 15 Professionals From The Real Madrid Medical Service Teach Classes In The Master's Degree.
- 1 First Place In The El Mundo Ranking: As A Specialised Master In The Area Of Physiotherapy.
Methodology: The Master’s In Sports Physiotherapy
In the Master’s Degree in Sports Physiotherapy, you will develop ‘learning by living’ skills with the most advanced techniques that help you with the diagnosis and protocol/emergency assistance for athletes, all while working within a multidisciplinary team.
The different modules in the master's degree follow the guidelines set forth by the National Athletic Trainers Association for the certification of the functions of a physiotherapist specialising in sport:
- Evidence-based practice
- Prevention and awareness of health in sport
- Evaluation through clinical reasoning and functional diagnosis.
- Immediate care in emergency situations in sport.
- Rehabilitation, functional recovery and physical-sports retraining, setting short-, medium- and long-term goals that can be measured objectively.
- Programme for discharge and final evaluation of the athlete's injury.
- Organisation and administration: athlete’s clinical data records.
You will have practice with athletes of all levels, from amateur to professional sports, and of all ages, from 8 years old to over 35. The Master’s Degree in Sports Physiotherapy ends with a mandatory residency at the Real Madrid CF Sports Complex, where students must apply the knowledge acquired in the master’s degree to a real work environment.
National Athletic Trainers Association.
Internships are a key element in your training. Gaining experience after learning in class is the best way to enter the job market. There are two types of internships: those which are included in your study plan (‘curricular’), and those you can do on a voluntary basis (‘extracurricular’).
In order to do a curricular internship in a company, you will need to have passed 50% of the programme credits and enrolled in the subject before starting your internship. These internships are overseen by the company and the internship coordinator (professor), who also prepare interim and final reports for evaluation.
If you want to enhance your work experience before finishing your university education, you can also do an extracurricular internship. You can do these at any time, but we remind you that the internship is a formative complement to your studies; therefore, the more knowledge you have acquired prior to the internship, the more you will benefit from the experience.
Professional Opportunities In Sports Physiotherapy
Sports physiotherapy is one of many specialties in physiotherapy, focused on the rehabilitation, care and injury prevention of amateur and professional athletes. It also aims to establish guidelines for all patients who engage in physical activity and want to carry out their activity safely.
After completing the Master’s Degree in Sports Physiotherapy, graduates will be qualified to work—either for a company or as a freelancer—in any sport-related organisation. They will also be prepared to develop and launch their own entrepreneurship projects.
Real Madrid Graduate School – Universidad Europea has received recognition from various bodies that supports its academic quality. In particular, it has received the following prestigious awards: the European 500+, the QualiCert and the Madrid Excelente Quality Seal.
In the international QS Stars accreditation rating, Real Madrid Graduate School – Universidad Europea has obtained a total of four out of five stars. This external accreditation system determines the level of excellence achieved by universities in several areas. Real Madrid Graduate School – Universidad Europea has achieved the highest score of five stars in employability, teaching, facilities and social responsibility.
These awards have been awarded to Real Madrid Graduate School – Universidad Europea.
Recent intakes of this master’s programme have enjoyed several improvements, including but not limited to:
More agreements with sports entities: CD Leganés, Voleibol Madrid, & Club Atletismo Majadahonda.
A broader range of internships: volleyball, athletics...
An update of the programme’s content: a new Seminar on Invasive Techniques and a Seminar on Functional Ultrasound Diagnosis (RUSI).
Assignment of a tutor during the first term for end-of-degree projects.
More professors with doctorate degrees.
- The Athletes Physiological Environment: Training
- Prevention and Planning the Return to Play After a Sports Injury
- Functional Rehabilitation, Motor Control and Physical-sport Readaptation
- Pathology and Medicine for Treating Sports Injuries
- Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology and Sports Emergencies
The Master’s Degree in Sports Physiotherapy is aimed at those with a bachelor’s or certification in Physiotherapy who are interested in sharpening their knowledge of physiotherapy, homing in on injury prevention, rehabilitation and recovery for athletes of all levels.
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 18 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to enrol in this programme, the student is required by law, in accordance with the provisions set forth in Royal Decree 861/2010,
- To possess an official Spanish undergraduate degree, or otherwise a certification issued by a higher education institution belonging to another State within the European Higher Education Area that facilitates access to master’s degrees.
- To possess a degree in accordance with educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area, without the need to get said degree ‘homologated’, as long as the University verifies that the student possesses a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degree, and that they are qualified to pursue a master’s degree in the country of origin. Access to the programme by this means will not imply, under any circumstance, the ‘homologation’ of the previous degree that the interested party possesses,
Living costs for Madrid
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.