At the Master's in International Relations from University of Barcelona we have built an attractive master’s programme, which combines academic rigour with a practical approach to the most important problems in the international sphere. The programme also strives to maintain a personalized approach to ensure close contact among all members of the IBEI community.
The Master's in International Relations is offered in two different language options: the bilingual (Spanish-English) option, in which students follow approx. half the compulsory courses in each of the two languages, while they can choose from the whole range of electives in either in Spanish or English and the English-only option, in which all the compulsory courses are taught in English, including the pathway core courses. In this language track, students can also choose elective courses in Spanish, if they wish. The electives are offered to a large extent in English, however, some will only be available in Spanish.
Our syllabus is designed to offer the capacities and skills you will need to carry out a career in the international sphere. It is an interdisciplinary programme where you will come into contact with disciplines such as politics, law and economics, but where you will are also be offered the opportunity to specialize in particular sub-fields that interest you. This knowledge will be very useful in your future career, whether that be in the field of public diplomacy, international organizations or the private sector, to mention only a few of the areas in which IBEI graduates are currently working.
- Nationalism and Ethnic Conflicts
- Civil Wars
- Peace Processes and Conflict Resolution
- War and Genocide
- International Security and Weapons of Mass Destruction
- The politics and practice of international humanitarianism
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Terrorism & Security View 17 other Masters in International Development in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to have completed an undergraduate degree or its international equivalent of at least six semesters, preferably in the field of social sciences (political science, international relations, economics, sociology), with good results from an accredited institution of higher education in Spain or abroad. If you are applying with a degree from the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), a minimum of 180 ECTS is required.
You are required to provide evidence of your English language skills. IBEI accepts the following language certificates:
- TOEFL: 90 iBT (IBEI code: 6567)
- IELTS: 6.5
- The TOEFL and IELTS results are valid for two years, whereas any of the Cambridge English exams should have been taken within five years of the application deadline.
International11400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 190 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA11400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 190 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.