Resource Recovery - Sustainable Energy Processes at University of Boras ends with a one-year degree project in which you will immerse yourself further in the area that interests you. The degree project can be carried out within the industry or in collaboration with our researchers and doctoral students at the Swedish Centre for Resource Recovery at the University of Borås.
In addition to agricultural, forestry, and industrial waste, more than 2 billion tonnes of household waste are generated worldwide each year. This waste causes significant environmental problems but is also a resource that can be reused.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Resource Recovery
- Thermal Energy Recovery,
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Heat Transfer in Thermal Applications
- Theory of Science and Research Methodology
- Process Design - Energy Carrier Production
This programme is for those who want to be a part of the important technological leap towards a circular economy and a more sustainable energy system, either as a researcher, an engineer, or within management.
You can work with product or process development or as an environmental manager at a company. You also have the opportunity to pursue doctoral studies in the field, in Sweden or abroad.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 25 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Degree of Bachelor of Science or Degree of Bachelor of Science in Engineering, 180 ECTS credits, specialising in mechanical engineering, industrial economics, energy engineering, chemical engineering, biotechnology, road and water technology, textile engineering, or construction engineering,
- or a Bachelor's degree in physics or chemistry. In addition, knowledge of thermodynamics and knowledge of English equivalent to English 6 are required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11402 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22805 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 240000 SEK full tuition fee,
- EU/EEA citizens and exchange students are not required to pay fees.
Living costs for Borås
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.