The Master’s in International Development from University of Barcelona aims to provide students with a comprehensive set of analytical skills, robust training in research methods, and a thorough understanding of key issues such as global governance and development, economic growth and sustainability, conflict over limited resources, new emerging powers and social movements, and ongoing trends in inequalities in livings standards.
The Master's programme in International Development combines theory and practice and provides students with both academic rigour and policy relevance. Over 60 courses in international studies are taught every year by leading academics and an international array of distinguished scholars. In addition, students have access to visiting academics, serving officials, government experts and practitioners who give regular public lectures and research seminars at IBEI.
IBEI’s teaching model is organized around lectures, seminars and small tutorials. Modules are capped and candidates are expected to actively participate in the form of presentations, group work and assignment writing. In addition, students are assigned a personal tutor and their progress is monitored throughout the academic year. IBEI also develops transferable skills that students can apply in their future international careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Growth Models and Development Strategies
- Governance, National and Global Institutions
- Research Methods in International Development
- Programme Evaluation in Development
- Understanding Development: theory and practice
- East Asian Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 29 other Masters in International Relations in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to have completed an undergraduate degree or its international equivalent of at least six semesters, preferably in the field of social sciences, with good results from an accredited institution of higher education in Spain or abroad. If you are applying with a degree from the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), a minimum of 180 ECTS is required.
- You are required to provide evidence of your English language skills. IBEI accepts the following language certificates:
- TOEFL: 90 iBT (IBEI code: 6567)
- IELTS: 6.5
EU/EEA11160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 186 EUR per credit during 12 months.
The price per credit is €186. The tuition fees for visiting students are stated below:
- €1,116 for a 6 ECTS credit course
- €744 for a 4 ECTS credit course
- €558 for a 3 ECTS credit course
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.