In providing spaces for exploration and reflection in relation to publics, visual strategies and the contextual location of independent work, the course presents a distinctive way for you to explore the possibilities of your work alongside a longitudinal development of your core practice.
The Photography course at Coventry University challenges you to imagine, and work with, new audiences, processes and professional futures in order to enter into a sustainable and flexible career working with images.
Why Coventry University?
An award-winning university, we are committed to providing our students with the best possible experience. We continue to invest in both our facilities and our innovative approach to education. Our students benefit from industry-relevant teaching, and resources and support designed to help them succeed. These range from our modern library and computing facilities to dedicated careers advice and our impressive Students’ Union activities.
Students from the BA Photography course have gone on to work in a variety of environments including curating, arts management, teaching, publishing and editing as well as many students who work independently as photographers, videographers, retouchers and agents.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Objects, Spaces and Boundaries
- Photography and Publics
- Photographic Situations
- Research Methods
- Final Major Project: Research and Planning
- Final Major Project: Production and Sharing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 589 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants to this Master’s degree should normally possess a good honours degree (2:1 or equivalent). If the degree is in an unrelated subject, applicants need to demonstrate relevant industry knowledge and experience to be documented in their application statement, as per below. Candidates with professional/industrial experience, and/or other relevant training and experience may be admitted with lower qualifications.
- Non-traditional entry students are welcome: applicants without formal qualifications but professional/industrial experience may be admitted on the basis of interview and submission of supporting material (see below).
- Each application will be required to include a ‘statement of intent’ (500), and applicants may be required to provide other supporting material, e.g. full marks/results records, or examples of their practical, professional or academic work. Eligible applicants will be interviewed by videoconferencing.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16950 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.