After University of Bergen's Media and Interaction Design you get a highly industry-relevant education that enables you to design prototypes on new media, and evaluate the user experience of both media producers and media users.
Key themes and issues of the study programme include:
- What is good interactive media content?
- How does the media of the future look like?
- How can interaction design and technical solutions help media producers create better media content?
Through the media, the citizens receive information that makes it possible to participate in the public debate. With digital systems, we see an increased demand for new technical solutions and new formats for audience participation and user-generated content.
With this education, you can identify and develop many solutions to the challenges the media has when it comes to better and more efficient workflow.
The programme is taught in Media City Bergen, a knowledge and industry cluster where the university is co-located with media and media technology companies such as TV2, NRK, Vizrt, Bergens Tidende, Mediability and Vimond. At the same time as teaching is theoretical grounded in media studies, interaction design and communication theory, this gives students a unique closeness to the media industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information please visit the official website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesDesign Media Studies & Mass Media View 10 other Masters in Design in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to qualify for admission to the Master's program in Media and Interaction Design, applicants must have a Bachelor's or equivalent degree in media, design, ICT or similar fields.
- Applicants with undergraduate degrees within the social sciences/humanities may qualify following academic assessment. The degree must include courses corresponding to at least 20 ECTS in programming and a minimum of 10 ECTS in interaction design. The admission commission makes a thorough assessment of the educational background of each applicant.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The semester fee is NOK 590
Living costs for Bergen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.