- The M.A. Information Graphics and Interactive Design Track from Ohio University's School of Visual Communication combines the professional practice of data visualization and designing information graphics as well as user experience and front-end web design. Students develop storytelling skills through design and typography, graphics, websites, mobile platforms, and other methods such as motion graphics and video.
- Graduates of this program work as designers, information graphic designers, interactive and user experience designers, website developers, and art, creative and communications directors. They have had successful careers in the industry in a variety of capacities and have worked at a variety of places, including The Los Angeles Times, National Geographic, The Food Network Magazine, Business Insider, Wondersauce, The Wall Street Journal, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, The Urban Institute, and various teaching institutions around the world.
- Information Design Basics
- Illustration I: Digital Imaging
- Informational Graphics
- Motion Graphics
- Data Journalism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Communication Studies View 242 other Masters in Communication Studies in United States
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Official transcripts
- A 500-word Statement of Intent
- A resume/CV.
- Link to an online portfolio (can be included on resume), or link to downloadable file of work samples.
- Three letters of recommendation.
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3498 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.