The curriculum of the online version includes the same courses as the on-site version in the first semester. In the second semester, you write your master’s thesis and choose at least two of the four most popular electives from the Master Finance: Derivatives, Behavioral Finance, Corporate Valuation for Finance, and Institutional Investments & Asset Liability Management. The Finance (Online) MSc programme is offered at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
VU Amsterdam also offers the possibility to complete the MSc in Finance fully online. In this way you can earn an MSc diploma from this renowned research university even when you cannot travel to Amsterdam.
- ONLINE EQUIVALENT TO ON-SITE
All features and conditions of the online version of the Finance master, such as entry requirements, learning goals, and tuition, are equivalent to the very successful on-campus version of the master’s program. Upon successful completion of the online version, you will receive the exact same diploma as in the on-site version of this degree.
- OPTION TO SWITCH BETWEEN ONLINE AND ON-SITE
Two times in the academic year you can choose to belong to the on-site group or the online group. These choices will have to be made early in August for the first semester (period September to December) and early in December for the second semester (period January to July). So, you can decide to follow the first semester online, and the second semester on-site, or vice versa, or to follow both semesters online. The choice is yours and you are free to switch between online and on-site versions provided you communicate your decision to the program administration in the aforementioned months.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Asset Pricing
- Empirical Finance
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Research Project for Finance
- Professional Development
- Thesis Msc Finance
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to gain admission to our Master’s programme, you need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 EC or equivalent.
- Copy of your valid passport or ID (only for EU citizens)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Transcript of records
- A description of the courses you have taken during your previous higher education, that are relevant with respect to the ‘admission requirements (with an international degree)’. Don’t forget to mention the main literature used for the courses you took and the number of credits/class hours.
- Thesis (or another sample of academic writing). If your thesis was not written in English, please submit the original with an added summary of about 3 pages in English.
- To follow the online courses a sufficiently equipped computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection is required.
International16630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16630 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.