- The M.M. Music Performance - Collaborative Piano from Ohio University offers intensive study at the graduate level to pianists who have specialized interests in piano/vocal and piano/instrumental repertoire. Through private instruction, coaching, chamber music and diction and literature classes, students gain greater familiarity with the standard repertoire and develop the musicianship skills required of advanced collaborative pianists.
- Our program provides a personal level of attention and focus while developing the skills necessary for career advancement. Students will have the opportunity to be coached in a variety of collaborative projects by the internationally respected artist-teachers of the OU School of Music's divisions of keyboard, voice, strings, and winds, and to participate in master classes with renowned visiting guest artists. Competitive graduate assistantships are available, offering further collaborative experience in duo repertoire, large instrumental and vocal ensembles, and opera.
- The Collaborative Piano master’s program is designed to prepare graduate students, both technically and intellectually, for professional careers as performers or as artist-teachers; for studio and school music teachers who wish to pursue this curriculum; and for those who wish to use the degree as a foundation for doctoral study.
- Chamber Music, Piano
- Solo Vocal Repertoire I: French and British
- Literature of Chamber Music
- French Diction for Singers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
last audition date: February 20
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 247 other Masters in Music Performance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ohio University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The audition for the graduate collaborative piano program will consist of the following:
- One major solo piano work performed from memory that demonstrates your technical ability and musicianship.
- A total of two instrumental works by different composers from the “Instrumental Repertoire List”.
- Three songs representing linguistic variety from the “Vocal Repertoire List” (please prepare your selections in the high key).
- One aria from “Aria/Arietta List”.
- Demonstration of sight-reading ability.
- An interview will be conducted by the Keyboard Division faculty as part of the audition process.
International17436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per semester during 24 months.
National17436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4722 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.