- The M.M. Music Performance (Strings Division) from Ohio University's tudents have ample performance opportunities in ensembles such as Symphony Orchestra, Campus Orchestra, Chamber music ensembles, and New Music Ensemble. Regular master classes, visiting artists, solo competitions and performance laboratory opportunities are an integral part of the curriculum. Students also have the opportunity to gain teaching experience through Athens Community Music School and its satellite programs.
- The string division faculty are internationally recognized performers, clinicians and pedagogues. Many of our alumni hold faculty positions at colleges and universities, perform in various orchestras, are orchestra directors in public and private schools, and serve as independent string teachers.
- Our graduate students also have the opportunity to perform with several regional orchestras, participate in numerous guest artist masterclasses, and teach through Athens Community Music School and its new string satellite programs in Logan and Gallipolis.
- Chamber Music, Strings
- String Instrument Pedagogy and Repertoire
- Literature of Orchestral Music
- Literature of Band Music
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 1066 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Master of Music: String Principals
Majors: Music Therapy, Conducting, Theory, Composition
Auditioning students will perform one composition from TWO of the following categories. Memorization is optional but preferable.
• Romantic, Impressionistic, or Contemporary eras
Live auditions are strongly encouraged as the live audition provides students the opportunity to meet our faculty and explore the campus. Exceptions may be made in rare circumstances, and must be approved by the division chair. International students who are unable to travel to campus may elect to submit live performances (video) of the audition repertoire via YouTube, Vimeo or a similar service or schedule a video conferenced audition and interview.
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3498 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.