- The Online M.A. in English from Ohio University's primary aim is for students to have a thorough grounding in the basic elements of literary study; therefore all students must satisfy a common set of core requirements. To provide students with additional exposure to graduate level English studies, students will also take at least one non-literature course in the program (e.g., creative writing, composition and rhetoric, advanced pedagogy).
- The main concentration of the program is Literary History, and the online M.A. meets the same requirements as the on-ground M.A. program offered in the English Department at Ohio University. The concentration in literary history covers a diverse array of literary periods, national literatures, and genres. All courses involve students in writing and research.
Opportunities for Graduates
- Students in the online M.A. program in English improve their content and skill mastery in ways that will make them stronger high school English teachers well suited for teaching college preparatory, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate English classes. They also prepare themselves to teach entry-level college English courses through dual-enrollment programs such as Ohio’s College Credit Plus initiative.
- Medieval English Literature
- Renaissance Drama excluding Shakespeare
- Literature of the Romantic Period
- American Literature 1776-1865
- Multi-Ethnic/Cross Cultural Literature
- Major Rhetorical Theories and Teaching of Composition
- 16 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 79 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International17436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per semester during 16 months.
National17436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per semester during 16 months.
In-State9444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4722 USD per semester during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.