- The M.Ed. in Clinical Mental Health - Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling from Ohio University students are trained in psychopathology, diagnosis and treatment planning, personality assessment, medical and psychosocial aspects of disability, and job placement.
- The master’s program consists of core counseling coursework in each of the following eight curricular areas: (a) Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice, (b) Social and Cultural Diversity, (c) Human Growth and Development, (d) Career Development, (e), Counseling and Helping Relationships, (f) Group Counseling and Group Work, (g) Assessment and Testing, and (h) Research and Program Evaluation.
- All students must complete a supervised counseling practicum of 100 hours and a counseling internship of 600 hours.
- Full-time students are expected to complete the degree in 6 semesters.
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for professional counseling positions in clinical and/or other rehabilitation settings. They can obtain positions in public or private vocational rehabilitation, corrections, workers’ compensation, disability management, social security administration, veterans’ administration, and other agencies that work with people with physical and mental disabilities.
- Foundations of Counseling: Clinical Mental Health, Rehabilitation, School
- Career Development: Research and Theory
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Counseling
- Psychopathology for Counselors
- Personality Assessment
- Medical and Psychosocial Issues in Rehabilitation Counseling
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesClinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 436 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ohio University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Transcripts showing a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.9 or higher
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement of approximately 5 double-spaced typed pages
International17436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per semester during 36 months.
National17436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State9444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4722 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.