Why study MSc Developmental Psychology in Action at Middlesex University?
This Developmental Psychology in Action MSc at the Middlesex University will equip you with the skills to engage critically with the core theory and research in developmental psychology and psychopathology, while providing a critical understanding of the relationship between theory, research and practice. You'll gain the skills to work effectively with the developmental population, particularly in teaching learning and education, mental health, health and community settings, and for further postgraduate training.
Focusing on key issues, theories and topical research in relation to the application of developmental psychology to real-world settings, this course is uniquely cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary.You will benefit from the experience of our dedicated and enthusiastic staff, as well as state-of-the-art facilities for teaching and research, including the baby lab (dedicated to infant research), with observation facilities, AV digital support, sound-isolating booth and Tobii eye-tracking.
This programme is ideally suited to those who may wish to extend their research interests to doctoral level or who work in developmental settings. This course also has step-off points at Postgraduate Diploma and Postgraduate Certificate levels.
- Gain a unique focus on the application of developmental psychology knowledge to real-world settings
- Benefit from the expertise of our teaching staff who are leading researchers in developmental psychology, neuroscience and quantitative research
- Carry out an original research project in the field of developmental psychology
- As a student of this programme, you will receive a free electronic textbook for every module
It is particularly targeted at individuals wishing to pursue careers with the developmental population, particularly child practitioners, cognitive neuropsychological assessment, mental health services, health and community settings, teaching and education, as well as academic research and other related real-world settings requiring further PG training (e.g. paediatric clinical neuropsychology, PhD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics and Applied Issues in Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Developmental Disorders and Psychopathology
- Developmental Neuroscience
- Trauma Impacts and Interventions
- Research: Practice & Reporting
- Open Science
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 140 other Masters in Neuroscience in United Kingdom
- an upper second-class honours degree 2:1 or above in a Psychology or related discipline
- Applicants without such qualifications but with relevant experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Successful DBS check may be required before completing research with participants under 18
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £14,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.