The course is for students who have a BA but perhaps not necessarily in this subject area and wish to progress to MA level. It is designed to help support the development of your textile design knowledge and skills underpinned by an ethos of sustainable and ethical design practices. You will learn how to apply and adapt your current creative methods of practice in this context.What to expect
- You will develop and locate your practice within the context of textile design
- Look at social, sustainable and responsible design approaches and strategies
- Take an integrated approach to theory and practice, ideas and making, concept and process through enquiry, dialogue and debate
- Work within a dynamic learning environment that encourages peer learning which will enable you to develop as an independent thinker and proactive designer
- Develop your critical and analytical skills within a culturally diverse environment that fosters curiosity, experimentation and dialogue
- Lectures on contemporary and historical contexts and applications for textiles
- Develop your personal and professional skills relevant to further study at MA level
- Have access to on campus self-directed learning time and teaching including workshops and community building activities
Unit 1 - Research and risk-taking: exploring your practice
This unit is an introduction to your course, the college and the university.Unit 2 - Critical and professional contexts: development and realisation
This unit will focus on your future ambitions within textile design.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The deadline has passed. However, this course will remain open until places have been filled. We recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 147 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- BA (Hons) degree or equivalent academic qualifications
- Evidence of ability in art or design
- Alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration
- Personal statement
- Portfolio of work
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work and personal statement.
International23610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23610 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.