It delivers high quality postgraduate training, enabling you to pursue a PhD in human geography or environmental studies.
The Master's programme in Human Geography and Sustainability Research at Keele University includes positions with national and local government, other public bodies, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), private sector consultancies and research and policy institutes. It also delivers high quality postgraduate training to students wishing to pursue a PhD in human geography or sustainability and environmental studies.
This programme is suitable for those considering doctoral (PhD) study or looking to work in the public, private or third sectors, for example, social or market research; social and health care; local and national government; or charitable and community organisations. It is equally valuable if you are already working in these sectors and wish to update or develop your social research skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Key themes in Human Geography and Sustainability
Approaches to Research Design and Process
Philosophy of the Social Sciences
Advanced traineeships in Human Geography and Sustainability
- Human Geography and Sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early. Please see the course page for your chosen course for further details.
DisciplinesGeography Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 129 other Masters in Geography in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should be graduates with an Honours degree (2.1 or above) in a relevant social science subject. However, applicants from different backgrounds who believe they have the capacity to undertake postgraduate work in the social sciences should contact us to discuss their situation.
- Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to view our available projects on our website, then contact and discuss research options with the Keele University staff member listed for the research area/topic of interest before making an official application. In your application documents, state clearly your preferred subject area or specific project, including potential supervisor, and your motivation and background for carrying out a project in a particular area.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.