At Journalism and Communication from Huazhong University of Science and Technology students are supposed to be equipped with broad and solid theoretical foundation and be able to conduct independent scientific research.
After graduation, students can engage in high-level professional jobs such as journalism and communication research, journalistic practice, teaching in communication departments of higher education institutions, and news media management.
- A Survey of China
- New Trends and Patterns in Communication Theories
- Understanding Chinese Communication：Knowledge, Politics and Arts
- Social Media Analytics
- Perspective on Media and Society
- Game Research
- Comparative study of Chinese and foreign new media
- A Comparative Study of Chinese and Foreign Public Relations
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 10 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in China
- Bachelor's Degree or above.
- GPA: 3/4.
- TOEFL 80 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above, or other certificates of the same proficiency level which are accepted by HUST. Or the previous degree was instructed in English.
- Application Form
- Certification of no criminal record(Generally, it is valid for 3 or 6 months)
- Financial Certification/Bank Statement
- Physical Examination Form(only valid for 6 months)
- Personal Statement
- Photocopy of valid passport
- Passport photo
- Undergraduate school transcript
- Bachelor's degree certificate
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study Plan or Research Proposal
- Acceptance Letter from the professor/associate professor of HUST
- Certificate of Good Conduct
International4257 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4257 EUR per year during 36 months.
RMB 33,000 per Year
Living costs for Wuhan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.