- The Foreign Languages and Literature programme is offered at the Shenzhen University.
- The School of Foreign Languages was founded in 2006. Its predecessor was the Department of Foreign Languages, established with the assistance of Peking University in 1983. Professor Li Funing,arenowned scholar of foreign literature, served as the first Department chair. The School offers five undergraduate programs: English, Japanese, French, German and Spanish. Additionally, it offers two “micro majors” for undergraduates,namely Advanced English-Chinese Interpretingand International News and Foreign Affairs, and four “Featured Classes,” which are English Drama, Japanese-English, English-German, and English-Spanish. The School has a prioritized key first-tier discipline of Foreign Languages and Literatures in Guangdong Provinceanda TESOC program tailor-made for international graduate students, and runs a joint master’s program in English Pedagogy with the Normal College of Shenzhen University. The School has four research centers, including the Language Testing and Evaluation Center, the Netherlands Studies Center, East AsianStudies Center, and Poetry and Drama Center.
- The School has a teaching team with high quality, broad vision, enduring strength, and international dimension. The School owns 161full-time faculty members:16 professors, including seven distinguished professors (Tan Zaixi, Gu Mingdong, Ning Yizhong, Peng Xuanwei, Cai Xinle, Jeroen van de Weijer, and Péter Hajdu), 40 associate professors, 20 assistant professors, 65 Chinese lecturers and 15 foreign lecturers.The Schoolis carrying out research projects at national, ministerial, provincial, and municipal levels, with a total funding of RMB 4.792 million. From 2019 to 2021, the School has secured special funding of over RMB 12 million from the Shenzhen Municipal Government for high-level university construction. From 2015 to 2019, the School has undertaken 11 national projects and 21 ministerial and provincial projects. The School's research team has published 28 monographs, 36 edited or translated books and textbooks, and 316 research papers, including 46 SSCI / A&HCI papers and 93 CSSCI papers.
- For more information, please visit the program's website.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be citizens with a valid foreign passport (whose nationalities are not People's Republic of China). He/She should be in good health conditions and of good conduct. He/She should also abide by the Chinese laws, regulations and the rules of the university.
- Applicants should hold bachelor's degree or above.
- For applicant whose native tongue is not English requires credential of English proficiency.
International4623 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4623 USD per year during 36 months.
- RMB 30,000 per Year
Living costs for Shenzhen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.