Why study MSc Digital Journalism at Middlesex University?
Build and improve your intellectual rigour as you learn about the relevance and legacy of trends and affairs that are shaping the media landscape right now. You'll gain the skills and knowledge required to work in the media industry in a number of ways: for instance, as a data or digital journalist, or as a media analyst or researcher.
This Digital Journalism (Online Distance Learning) MSc course at the Middlesex University gives you the opportunity to push your academic work or take on a work placement. We have industry links with the a variety of national and international news outlets and our academics are at the forefront of their fields and will guide you as you develop your own specialist knowledge and practice.
All of the modules you'll study link theory with practice, giving you the chance to reflect on how you practice, why you should practice in a certain way, and the implications of journalistic practice.
- This course is up-to-date and innovative; we continually consult with big industry players like Google, the BBC and the Guardian
- You'll be able to use our state-of-the-art materials and tutorials around your own schedule and connect with people around the world, from different countries, cultures and backgrounds
- Exploit the opportunities that this level of access and expertise brings from the comfort of wherever you are in the world.
- Journalists, news writers, editors and reporters – specifically as online, digital, data journalists or as international correspondents.
- Working for international organisations, charities, NGOs.
- Online platforms have expanded rapidly in the past decade. Google is now as big an employer of journalists as major broadcasters.
- Analysing or producing media for various corporations and companies in the communications sector.
- Multimedia and Digital Journalism Skills
- Reporting and Accountability: Power and Ethics
- Algorithmic Journalism: Innovation in an Age of Digital Disruption
- Big Data and Coding for Journalism
- Major Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia Journalism Digital Marketing View 42 other Masters in Digital Marketing in United Kingdom
- It is required that you have a second-class honours degree 2:2 or above
- Applicants who do not hold a degree but have a significant level of experience are welcome to apply but must also supply a portfolio of recent work for consideration
International6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £6,000
- UK/EU/International Part-time: £40 per credit; £20 per dissertation credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.