On completion of the Nursing (Learning Disabilities) at University of Derby you will have the knowledge, skills and attributes to work in partnership with people with learning disabilities and their families, ensuring their holistic health and well-being needs are met and maintained within a changing society.
On successful completion of this degree, you will be eligible to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and go into practice as a nurse.
Our students have an outstanding employability track record locally, nationally and internationally: in 2015 100% of our graduates were employed or in further study within six months of completing the course.
We offer full support to help you achieve your career goals, including guidance on applications, CVs and interview techniques. Health care organisations large and small attend our annual employer fairs as part of their recruitment drives. Some of our students are fortunate enough to have several job offers by the time they complete their course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Complexities in Learning Disability Nursing
- Leading Innovation and Improvement for the Transition to Registration Learning Disabilities
- Independent Scholarship
- Promoting Health and Preventing Ill Health
- Application of Evidence within Nursing Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1619 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Level 2 English qualification (GCSE Grade 4-9, GCSE Grade A-C, Level 2 Functional Skills English, Key Skills Level 2 Communication or equivalent)
- Level 2 Maths qualification (GCSE Grade 4-9, GCSE Grade A-C, Level 2 Functional Skills Maths, Key Skills Level 2 Application of Number (Numeracy) or equivalent)
- Honours Degree 2:2 or above
- Recognition of prior experiential learning
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.