- Our nursing programmes are approved to the NMC’s new Future nurse: Standards of Proficiency for registered nurses
- The MSc route leads to registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council at the end of the two year course, as long as you meet the NMC’s requirements
- You will adopt a person-centred approach to care, develop critical evaluation skills and develop the caring professionalism required to thrive in your career as a nurse
- The course will equip you with vital nursing skills and our use of clinical supervision throughout the course will enable you to develop resilience and reflective practice
This Nursing (Mental Health) with NMC Registration programme from University of Derby is underpinned by the desire to deliver kind, compassionate nursing care. It is a two year, full-time degree and supports those with a prior degree (2:2 or above) to become a registered mental health nurse at an accelerated pace. You will also need prior work experience in a service user context, allowing you to demonstrate the skills that underpin professional nursing registration. Your prior experiences will contribute to the learning opportunities within the course and together these will provide eligibility to register as a mental health nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), as long as you meet the NMC’s requirements.
On successful completion of this degree you will be eligible to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and go into practice as a nurse.
We offer full support to help you achieve your career goals, including guidance on applications, CVs and interview techniques. Health care organisations large and small attend our annual employer fairs as part of their recruitment drives. Some of our students are fortunate enough to have several job offers by the time they complete their course.
Graduates from this programme will go on to work within hospitals and in community based teams. They may also go into community care homes, forensic services or the voluntary sector. There may also be opportunities for you to work overseas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Developing Nurse
- Nursing in Practice Mental Health
- Promoting Health and Preventing Ill Health
- Application of Evidence within Nursing Practice
- Complexities in Mental Health Nursing
- Leading Innovation and Improvement for the Transition to Registration Mental Health
- Independent Scholarship for Nursing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1786 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Derby and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Essential: Grade C (or Grade 4) maths and English (or equivalent)
- Essential: Honours degree 2:2 or above
- Desirable: Grade C science
- Experience of education or study within the last five years is preferred
- Essential: 450hrs of work experience (equivalent to 12 full-time (37.5 hrs weeks) in a service user context obtained in the last five years
- Desirable: Paid employment
- You will be expected to complete two electronic portfolios to evidence how your past experiences are relevant to a career in nursing; one practice portfolio to evidence your 450 hours of work experience, and one theory portfolio to evidence how your prior educational experience is relevant to nursing
- Applicants must complete an occupational health assessment and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as part of the selection process and any offer made will be subject to satisfactory outcome of these
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Nursing (Mental Health) with NMC Registration.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.