- Accelerate your career plans: because this programme is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), upon completion of the programme, you’ll be eligible to apply to register to practise as soon as you graduate, as long as you meet the HCPC’s requirements, and join a rewarding profession
- Boost your professional credibility on a course accredited by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and approved by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists
- Gain invaluable experience through practice-based learning which makes up almost half of the course
- Learn from a dedicated and skilled team who have worked in a broad spectrum of occupational therapy roles
- Improve your practical skills in our superb facilities ranging from a rehabilitation kitchen to virtual learning opportunities
Study Occupational Therapy at Derby. Our outstanding heritage, accessible and supportive lecturers and professional networks which help you find your dream job are just some of the reasons our students voted us one of the top courses in the UK in the National Student Survey.
On successful completion, you’ll be well placed within the employment market as a self-directed, reflective, proactive and initiative driven practitioner, capable of influencing the development of others and the profession.
When you’ve completed this fast-paced two-year professional Occupational Therapy (Pre-Registration) programme from University of Derby , you’ll be able to apply for exciting and diverse career opportunities within occupational therapy in this country or abroad.
You could work with people of all ages facing different challenges in a wide range of settings such as:
- Health services
- Social services
- Care homes
- Prison services
- Charity sector
- Legal services
- Social enterprises
- Schools and community
- Independent practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Underpinning Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Performance and Impact of Pathologies
- Research for Practice
- Therapeutic and Intentional Use of Self
- The Occupational Therapy Process
- Practice Based Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Occupational Health and Safety View 841 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You will need a 2:1 Honours degree qualification or above (in a subject other than a pre-registration Occupational therapy qualification), gained preferably in the last 5 years.
Experience and references
- Ideally you need to be familiar with more than one area in which occupational therapists may work . This could be through personal or shadowing experience but also from reading or research
- You will need to provide a satisfactory reference from an education establishment, a previous employer or person of standing that should demonstrate ability to manage the academic demands of the programme, as well as personal suitability.
- If you have previously studied any Health Professional Education Programme you will need to complete a self declaration that there were no previous concerns regarding fitness to practice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.