- By taking the Dance Movement Psychotherapy course from University of Derby you build your experience of clinical dance movement psychotherapy and use your creativity to promote self-expression.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to enable you to apply for registration as a dance movement psychotherapist.
- Study a course accredited by the Association for Dance Movement Psychotherapy UK (ADMP UK) which can allow an opportunity for routes to UKCP to be explored during and after graduation
- Learn the latest theory and practice from experienced and enthusiastic staff
You will become a fully registered Dance Movement Psychotherapist with the Association of Dance Movement Psychotherapy (ADMP UK). This requires completion of the expected training hours and fulfilling all the hours of personal therapy.
You can develop practice in health, education and in the community and later supervise, lecture and research in the field of Dance Movement Psychotherapy.
You will gain an MA, which will enable you to become familiar with critical reflection and research ideas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psyche-Soma: The Body Mind Relationship
- Movement Observation and Analysis: Studio
- Clinical Placement and Supervision
- Experiential Group Skills
- Dance Movement Psychotherapy: Research, Theory and Skills
- Clinical Supervision and Advanced Practice
- Arts Therapies Independent Scholarship: A Body of Work
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Theatre & Dance Clinical Psychology View 208 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You'll need a relevant undergraduate degree and at least two years’ experience of dance and movement and have worked with a vulnerable population(s) for 200 hours.
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is required at the point of accepting a place at the University. The Disclosure and Barring Service was established when the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding
- Authority (ISA) merged in 2012 and will now provide the criminal records checking service for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
UK £950 per 20 credits
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.