- This Legal Practice Course programme from University of Derby prepares you for a training contract - the next stage in the route to becoming a solicitor
- Tailor your LLM LPC to suit your own professional interests by choosing from a range of elective modules, including Advanced Criminal Litigation, Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury, Commercial Law, Commercial Litigation, Commercial Property, Employment Law, Family Law and Practice and Private Client (Estate Planning)
- Professional facilities including mock courtroom and interview suites, enabling you to improve your vocational skills and make the transition from graduate to lawyer
- A flexible course enabling you to meet other commitments; 2 days attendance per week full-time or 1 day per week part-time and flexibility over when you sit your assessments
- Excellent pastoral care, careers advice and opportunities - increase your chances of gaining a training contract via our Professional Mentoring Scheme and our influential network of contacts within the legal profession
- Learn from a high calibre, enthusiastic teaching team made up of experienced local practitioners
As a University of Derby LLM LPC graduate, you’ll be highly employable. Employers rate our graduates not just for their knowledge and skills but also for their work ethic, commercial awareness and standards of professional behavior - all the attributes which ensure they can make a valuable contribution from day one in a solicitor’s practice.
During your LLM LPC studies you’ll have access to:
- Specialist careers tutors
- Dedicated employability advisor
- Professional Mentoring Scheme
We run regular careers sessions, talks and presentations where guest speakers from the profession provide invaluable advice on commercial awareness, CV-building skills, interview techniques and what firms are seeking in successful training contract applicants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You’ll study and be assessed in:
- Core subjects: business law and practice; litigation (civil and criminal); and property law and practice
- Professional conduct and regulation: covering the conduct of solicitors in their professional practice and the regulation of financial services and solicitors’ accounts
- The skills of writing, drafting, practical legal research, interviewing, advising and advocacy
- Wills and administration of estates
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 361 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You will need:
- A Qualifying Law degree (2.2 or above)
- Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE with an undergraduate degree (2.2 or above)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year
UK part time : £1,170 per 20 credits
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.