In the second year, the Chinese Philosophy, Religion, and Culture program at Renmin University of China supports students as they conduct independent research on a topic of their choice. Upon the completion of the program, graduates will earn a Master of philosophy degree, as recognized by the Ministry of Education of the People\'s Republic of China.
- In the second year, the students must finish their master thesis, which must be 30-50 pages in length, and defend it in front of their thesis committee. The students must work closely with their thesis advisor to define a focused topic and conduct the research.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Philosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 31 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Renmin University of China and/or in China, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Valid passport and visa,
- The Admission Notice from Rennin University of China(original),
- The Visa Application for Study in China form (also known as the JW201/JW202 form) (original),
- Tuition (scholarship student and exchange students’ tuition are waived)
- Four two-inch ID pictures,
- Physical examination record and blood test report (original, if available),
- Your insurance card.
- Tuition Payment
- Insurance Purchase
- Physical Examination
- Residence Permit Application
International5642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5642 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.