It is a key construction discipline of Sichuan Province and the former key construction discipline of Ministry of Railways, and an important base in Southwest China for managerial personnel cultivation and scientific research. The Project Management program is offered by the Southwest Jiaotong University.
In 1988, the discipline was the first in Southwest China to be awarded National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) in management science. In 2003, the discipline became the first winner in Sichuan Province for National Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholars (Category B).
In 2009, it was approved as the only Innovation Team of the Ministry of Education (MOE) in Western China so far (Research on Behavioral Decision-making Theory and its Application in Management). In 2010, it hosted the first Major Project of NSFC in Southwest China: Research on Service Participant Behavior and Service Strategy in Network Environment. In 2013, it won the second Major Project of NSFC in Southwest China: Research on Customer Insight and Marketing Strategy in the Context of Big Data.
As for talents training, adhering to the traditions of “Rigorous Scholarship” and “Stringent Requirements” and the university’s features in rail transit, the discipline trained a large number of comprehensive talents with social responsibility and healthy personality, with professional integrity and abilities, with humanity and scientific literacy, with historical perspective and global vision, with innovative spirit and critical thinking, and mastering the scientific theories and engineering technological methods.
The research features of this discipline are as follows:
- Relying on opportunities in rapid development of national rail transit and the university’s academic advantages in field of high-speed railway and transportation engineering, a series of researches on rail transit project management, rail transit enterprise management, rail transit economy, and quality and risk control of Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway construction project have been carried out to enrich the theories and methods of rail transit project management in China and to provide theoretical and technical support for the high-speed railway strategy of Belt and Road Initiative.
- Relying on the Innovation Team and Major Projects of NSFC, advantageous research direction construction in big data service operation management is vigorously promoted.
- Two research teams for disaster relief and emergency management are set up based on the two research platforms of the school.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesProject Management Business Administration Management Studies View 100 other Masters in Business Administration in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southwest Jiaotong University and/or in China, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Over 16 years old (including) and under 35 years old
- Healthy and non-Chinese citizen
International1159 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3479 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
22 000 RMB in total
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.