Ecology from Peking University relies on long-term observation and controlled experiment, large-scale vegetation survey, remote-sensing observation for analyzing carbon and nitrogen cycle in different terrestrial ecosystems, as well as modeling technology for predicting future dynamics of vegetation and ecosystem services under changing climates. Within this program,
Students at Ecology from Peking University will gain knowledge in:
- global changing ecology theme
- global and regional carbon cycles;
- Vegetation ecology
- plant community theories and vegetation dynamics at different time-scales during the Holocene;
- Biodiversity theme
- Detecting patterns and drivers of plant biodiversity at country, continental, and global scales;
- Landscape ecology theme
- Urban and regional development in China
- Ecological principles and methods.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Ecology Environmental Sciences View 45 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in China
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport,
- Applicants for Master's program must have attained a bachelor's degree and students who graduated from non-Chinese universities must hold a bachelor's degree from a university accredited by the Ministry of Education of China. (Grade skipping or joining in the middle of the course is not acceptable.
- Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are required to submit TOEFL iBT (100 points or above) or GRE ( 315 points or above) scores or other certificate to prove their English language proficiency.
- Application Form
- Photocopy of valid passport
- Passport photo
- Undergraduate school transcript
- Bachelor's degree diploma
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copy of article or papers published
- Letter of guarantee
- the certified paper document
- Personal statement
International3741 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3741 EUR per year during 24 months.
RMB 29,000 per Year
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.