This division supports the development of highly specialized professionals with the particular skills needed to create sustainable social systems. The approach of such engineers involves conserving the environment and creating safe, comfortable living spaces based on the sound circulation and metabolism of water, air and matter (waste). Graduates also have extensive knowledge and the capacity for self-learning/problem resolution, and are able to engage in specialized work and R&D relating to technical systems.
In this Environmental and Sustainable Resources Engineering programme offered by Hokkaido University students can choose any of these three options:
Environmental Engineering (EE)
This division supports the development of highly specialized professionals with the particular skills needed to create sustainable social systems. The approach of such engineers involves conserving the environment and creating safe, comfortable living spaces based on the sound circulation and metabolism of water, air and matter (waste)
Sustainable Resources Engineering (SRE)
This division supports the development of highly specialized engineers and researchers across the resource recycling system as a whole, from development and production to recycling and waste disposal, in order to make effective use of finite natural resources and promote an environmentally friendly society.
Cooperative Program for Resources Engineering (CPRE)
Cooperative Program for Resources Engineering is a post graduate education jointly established through a collaboration between Hokkaido University and Kyushu University. The program aims to develop highly skilled resource engineers who can design and manage the entire process of the resource business. In order to achieve this, students will learn to be internationally minded with an overview of the entire resource flow, taking political, economic and social aspects into account while developing resource engineering specialties such as geology, exploitation, processing, refining and environment.
- Environmental Engineering (EE)
- Sustainable Resources Engineering (SRE)
- Cooperative Program for Resources Engineering (CPRE)
Division's laboratories are grouped into 2 research groups
Research Group of Water Metabolic System
- Water Quality Control Engineering
- Water Reclamation Engineering
- Environmental Risk Engineering
- Aquatic Environmental Protection Engineering
Research Group of Environmental Management Systems
- Solid Waste Disposal Engineering
- Regional Environmental Issues
- Sustainable Material Cycle Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management View 12 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee: 30,000 yen
- Entrance fee: 282,000 yen (upon enrollment)
- e3 Application form
- Education history
- Three Photos, approximately 3.5x4.5 cm
- Research proposal
- Abstract(s) of Bachelor's/Master's Thesis(es)
- Abstract(s) of Publication(s)
- Academic Transcripts
- Graduation/Expected Graduation Certificates
- Two recommendation letters
- Documents to Prove English Proficiency
- Photocopy of your passport
- Declaration of Finance and original Bank Deposit statement
- Copy of Scholarship Approval Letter and Scholarship Information Form
- Copy of Residence Card (Both sides)
International3766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1883 USD per semester during 24 months.
National3766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1883 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition: 267,900 yen per semester
Living costs for Sapporo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.