- The Religious Studies programme is offered at the Fudan University.
- As a base for research in Chinese literature, history and philosophy, the Institute is committed to interdisciplinary communication in order to advance the study of Chinese culture in a global context, and to promote the collection and dissemination of newly discovered materials. The Institute’s goal is to become an academic institution specializing in Chinese humanistic studies distinguished by openness and international perspective.
- The Institute was led by Prof. Ge Zhao-guang in 2007-2013; the present director is Prof. Zhang Qing. The Institute also has an Academic Board and an International Panel for Review and Evaluation. Since 2013 the Third Academic Board, consisting of 11 Chinese and international scholars, will continue its responsibilities of defining strategic goals of academic development, planning and evaluating research projects, reviewing published research and assisting staff recruitment. The Third International Panel for Review and Evaluation, comprising 7 members, will supervise and evaluate all projects of the Institute and make suggestions for improvement. In addition, an executive team will take charge of administration, inter-department contacts, as well as arrangement of day-to-day academic activities and scholarly exchange.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information please visit the program's website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 3 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid ordinary passport, be in good health, have attained a degree (Bachelor's degree for Master applicants) and meet the language requirements.
- Evidence of English language proficiency. Non-native English speaker must submit official scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The program requires a minimum score of 90 on the internet-based TOEFL test or 6.5 on the IELTS test. This requirement can be waived only if the applicant received a bachelor's or postgraduate degree lasting for 2 years or above from an institution with English as official instructive language.
International7659 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7659 USD per year during 24 months.
- RMB 50,000 per Year
Living costs for Shanghai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.