- By choosing this program students will get the opportunity to take courses taught by some of China’s leading sociologists and be part of an academic environment that prides itself on being on the forefront of sociology & public policy research. The program provides an excellent opportunity for students with little or no Chinese language skills to develop a deep understanding of China in the modern world.
- The Sociology (Chinese Society and Public Policy) program is taught at the School of Social Development and Public Policy (SSDPP) of Fudan University. The School is one of the global strongholds in the teaching and research in sociology and social development studies. The SSDPP has over 60 fulltime faculty members. Majority of them received their PhD degrees from overseas universities such as Harvard University, LSE, Princeton University, University of Chicago, Duke University, University of Washington-Seattle, Chinese University Hong Kong and so on. Its international cooperation extents to such partners as Harvard University, London School of Economics and Political Science, Columbia University, UC Berkeley, University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore, University of Oslo, Lund University and many other. Ten percent of the School’s students are international students, from the US, Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, France, the Nordic countries, the Netherlands, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chinese Society
- Chinese Culture
- Marketing Placement in China
- Chinese Diplomacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology Languages View 7 other Masters in Sociology in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid ordinary passport, be in good health, have attained a degree (Bachelor's degree for Master applicants) and meet the language requirements.
- Evidence of English language proficiency. Non-native English speaker must submit official scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The program requires a minimum score of 90 on the internet-based TOEFL test or 6.5 on the IELTS test. This requirement can be waived only if the applicant received a bachelor's or postgraduate degree lasting for 2 years or above from an institution with English as official instructive language.
International7660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7660 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Shanghai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.