The MSc in Social Sciences Research for Healthcare from the University of Bradford provides a unique opportunity to build an understanding of the principles of research design and strategies in a multidisciplinary environment created by staff and students from various healthcare professions. During the programme you will discover a variety of advanced research skills and analytical techniques relevant to your field of study, including quantitative, qualitative and mixed research methods.
Your journey will include aspects of research management as well as dissemination of results consistent with both professional practice and the principles of research ethics.
You will actively engage with the seven interdisciplinary pathways that are central to the White Rose Social Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership vision at Master’s level, introducing the ‘grand challenges’ within each thematic pathway.
The programme is aligned with:
- Postgraduate Training and Development Guidelines of the Economic and Social Research Council
- Objectives of the Health and Care Professions Council
- Researcher Development Framework Vitae.
Graduation from this programme may provide a route to obtaining externally funded PhD studentships in healthcare and/or social sciences research.
The programme will suit, among others:
- social and/or health researchers requiring formal training in research
- healthcare practitioners/professionals who are interested in pursuing clinical academic research for their professional development
As a qualified researcher with knowledge across a range of social and healthcare research designs, this may form part of a career plan to develop into research-informed or research-led clinical roles.
If you are seeking a career in social or healthcare institutions (NHS, HCPC professions), evidencing advanced skills in knowledge generation and appraisal can be beneficial.
This course may prepare you for a career in academia or other public/private research institutes and organisations where data-gathering and analysis are key.
- Prescribing for Pharmacists
- Prescribing for Healthcare Professionals
- Urgent Care (Minor Illness/ Injuries)
- Health and Social Care Leadership
- Understanding Health and Social Care through Policy and Strategy
- Critical Perspectives on Dementia: a rights based approach (distance learning)
- Enhanced Communication Methods (distance learning)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSociology Public Health Educational Research View 1051 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- GCSE or equivalent English and Maths at minimum of C (or 4)
- Undergraduate degree, at least 2.1 or international equivalent in relevant subject
We may consider lower qualifications if you have appropriate professional experience, in which case we will review a written work sample with your application and hold an interview.
International17682 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17682 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7370 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7370 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home: £3,685 per year
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.